Important Steps to Help Prevent the Spread of Influenza
• Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based
• Cover your cough or sneeze with your upper sleeve, and try to avoid
touching your face with your hand. If you use a tissue, throw it away
after one use.
• Use your own drinking cups and straws.
• Avoid being exposed to people who are sick with flu-like symptoms.
• Eat nutritious meals, get plenty of rest and do not smoke.
• Frequently clean commonly touched surfaces (e.g., door knobs,
refrigerator handle, telephone, faucets).
If you think you have the flu, stay home, get rest, drink plenty of liquids and avoid using alcohol and tobacco. If your symptoms persist, contact your doctor.
For more information on influenza you can contact the Langlade County Health Department at 715-627-6250